D.R. College has a Central Library of its own. The Library is in the first floor of the College’s Administrative Building. The floor area of the Library is 3000 sq. ft. The Library is consisted of Librarian’s Chamber, one book stack room, two reading rooms; one for the students and other for the Teaching Staff. The Library is well equipped and well maintained in suitable healthy academic atmosphere.
At present, there are 35,972 books in the Library. In addition to the Books, Journals, Daily/Weekly newspapers are subscribed regularly.The Library is also a member of N-List Programme which is provided by UGC's Information and Library Network(INFLIBNET),Ahmedabad,Gujrat from where the College Community can get access to thousands of online books and journals. Each student is provided a non- transferable library card to enable him/her to borrow books from the Library.
The books are arranged in a classified order according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) 21 st Classification Scheme.
In the same way, book entry is done by using Library software namely, “SOUL 2.0 (LE)” in order to keep the proper data record of the collection of books.
To keep monitoring and view the movements, there are 4 CCTVs installed in the Library area of which 2 are in the Stack room ,1 installed in the Reading room and 1 at the entrance of the Library. The CCTVs are controls via the Librarians' Chamber.
The Library remains open for six days in a week except Govt. Holidays. The working hour of the Library is from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
List of Available Journals/Periodicals/Magazines
1.PRAMANA- Journal of Physics
2. Journal of Earth System Science
3. Journal of Chemical Science
4. Journal of Bio- science
5. Journal of Genetics
6. Resonance – Journals of Science Education
7. Current Science
8. Economic and Political Weekly
9. Competition Affairs
10. Science Reporter
11. Competition Success Review
13. Bulletin of Botanical Survey of India(BSI)
16. BARTA POKHILI
17. SA RE GA MA
18. CAREER GUIDE
19. BIGYAN JEUTI
20. OITIJYA (The Heritage)
22. Every Man’s Science
23. Journal of Genetics
24. Proceedings of Mathematical Science
26. GERMAN NEWS
28. Journal of Astrophysics & Astronomy
29. Bulletin of Materials science
30. The Day After
31. Journal of Contemporary Thought
32. Success Mirror
33. Indian Journal of Tai Studies
34. Proceedings of Indian Art History Congress
35. KALA: The Journal of Indian Art History Congress
36. DREAM -2047
37. PRATIYOGITA DARPAN
38. CAREERS 360
39. The Atlantic Critical Review
40. Dialogue (Journal)
41. DOWN TO EARTH
42. Indian Journal of Chemistry
43. Research Promoter
44. Sahitya Amrit
45. International Journal of Plant Sciences
46. Katha Desh
48. Journal of Frontline Research
49. Research Journal of MDKG: Reviewed Refereed Journal
51. Contemporary Issues
52. JOSAAC( An Annual Bilingual Research Journal of Science, Arts & Commerce)
53. Journal of Environmental Research and Development
54. Samakalin Sahitya Samachar
55. Yuba Bharti
56. International Journal of High – Energy Physics
» The Library Card is not Transferable.
» Books must be returned within 15 days from date of issue. Late fine of Re. 1 per day will be charged beyond due date of return.
» Books has to be returned 7 days before commencement of summer vacation.
» In case of loss of library card, he/she should immediately report to the librarian.
- Extra Reading room facility for the students
- Career Counselling
- Facility of Daily/Weekly Newspapers, Monthly – magazines, Journals and periodicals.
- Internet facility with Wi-Fi.
- Both Online & Offline Access to E-Books and E-Journals
- Xerox facility
- Drinking water facility
Nitumoni Phukan, MLISc, PGDCA